Attention all qualified level 2 snowboard instructors, Club Med in Hokkaido Japan is recruiting for the 2017-18 snow season.
Welcome to Club Med!
We are excited to pass onto you this opportunity to work for either the
Multi award winning “SAHARO” resort or the Newly Opening “TOMAMU” resort both based in Central Hokkaido
Working for Club Med is a unique experience and definitely a lifestyle change where you will discover a
Company that strives for excellence in delivering incomparable experiences to all of our GOs; and
Club Med’s strategy is based on a clear vision: to be the worldwide specialist of all inclusive,
upscale, friendly, and multicultural holidays.
Club Med Hokkaido!
Both Club Med Saharo & Tomamu, on the island of Hokkaido are popular destinations with both Japanese and foreign
guests due to the lessons offered in English and ski in ski out accommodation which are rarities in Japan. The slopes
offer exceptional powder skiing across several mountain chains and clear winter weather with high sunshine. All
ability levels are catered for on mountains between 400 and 1,060 meters and for those who need to be put through
their paces, Club Med offers an all inclusive ski school.
After an exhausting day on the slopes, guests can enjoy a treatment at the spa, unwind in a searing sauna, enjoy a
Canadian bath or have a traditional Japanese outdoor hot ofuro while admiring the snow covered slopes. The resort
also offers nightly entertainment - live band, billiards, a piano and midnight bar. For the non-skiers, there is also a
choice of leisurely day pursuits including nature walks, snow-shoeing and excursions to nearby hot springs. Club Med
Saharo Resort Opened in 1987 and Club Med Tomamu 2017.
The Employer (Club Med) offer to the Employee
2017/18 season we will be looking for both Ski & Snowboard Instructors to work at either Saharo & Tomamu Resorts
Level 2 or higher or the equivalent of Japan qualification below
S.A.J - Level (JSBA-B and A) or above S.I.A - Level (Stage 2,3 or above)
position for the candidate.
Full GOs Ssnowboard Instructor Position
Duration of position
● 1st December 2017 to 30th March 2018 (training will start approximately 2 weeks earlier)
● 40 hours per week (staff are expected to attend training & other staff orientated events as well)
● 6 days a week
● 4 annual holidays per season
● Season Lift Pass (this will be reimbursed to staff upon contract completion)
● Paid Domestic Flights if required to Hokkaido (this will be reimbursed to staff upon contract completion)
Also Includes (But as a deduction against salary)
● Accommodation + Meal 30,000 JPY // Based on 2 sharing, 3 meals a day + all non alcoholic beverages
● Health Insurance : about 5% of gross salary
● Social Security pension : about 9% of gross salary
● Income tax : 20% of gross salary
● Paid on the 25th of the following month direct to applicant (final salary paid into personal bank account)
● As a guide this will be between Gross ¥180,000 to ¥320,000 & after deductions ¥140,000 to ¥260,000
dependant on qualifications
● An official offer will be made to each individual applicant based on level, skill, & language abilities
You must either be legally able to reside and work in Japan or be eligible for one of the below
● Eligible for a Japanese working holiday Visa
● Eligible for the Sports Visa
o (Basic requirement 36 months working experience in the industry & you must be able to prove this with
● Or currently hold a valid Japanese visa that allows you to work here.
o (please state what this is & its duration)
Please clearly state which of the above you have upon application.
Please send the following
● Cover Letter (reason why you would like to work at Club Med)
● CV (this must include in detail your Ski / snowboard history both training and work)
● 2 Recent Photos (1 head shot + 1 full body shot)
● Copies of any relevant qualification certificates
● Please state which visa you have
● Please state which would be your preferred resort. Saharo or Tomamu & WHY?
● Candidate position locations will be decided by Club Med
● Skype Name
To the following person
● Dane Gillett
● info [at] splashguesthouse [dot] com
● Subject- “CLUB MED JAPAN” Application (Candidate Name)
We will reply to you as soon as possible but urge you to be patient as we receive a lot of applications, however
sometimes people do fall through the cracks so if you have not heard from us within 7 days please do chase us up.