You are here
Whistler Blackcomb Snowboard Instructor Jobs
Whistler Blackcomb Snow School is now taking applications for for full-time ski and snowboard kids instructors positions in June and July and part-time positions at the beginning of August for the 2013 - 2014 winter season.
Interviews will be held in June & July for Full time positions and September for part time posistions. Due to limited number of spots for Snowboard Instructors, there will be a limited number of interviews held.
The minimum requirements to qualify for snow school positions this year is CSIA or CASI Level 2 (or foreign equivalent) and 2 full time seasons.
Instructor Position: Seasonal Full Time (Winter Season) => 4-5 days/week (~20-40 hours), plus extra during peak times
Location: Whistler, British Colombia
Job Summary:Responsible for providing a fun and memorable learning experience for children aged 3 -17 years old and adults.
• To continually strive to exceed Guest’s expectations and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
• To supervise a group of children for the day on Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain in a variety of activities including instruction, safety, lunch and special events.
• To perform morning registration and afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
• To be familiar with all Ski and Snowboard School programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests.
• To provide written and verbal communication on each child's day to their parents at the completion of each lesson.
• To follow the guidelines and safety rules as outlined in the Safety Manual
• To be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional needs of all children in your care
• To act as a prudent parent in the absence of the child's parent.
• To attend all mandatory training sessions.
• Minimum Level 2 CSIA or CASI or foreign equivalent
• 2 Full Time Seasons (a total of minimum 500 hours ski instructing experience)
• Previous experience working with children
• Ability to work independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to have a whole lot of fun!!!
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care
• Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 months of your start date)
For mor information and to apply visit Whistler Blackcombs official employment page here